Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Your use of the site, the purchase of our Services on this site or in our centre will be subject to these terms and conditions. And you now hereby agree to our terms and conditions. You cannot accept these terms and conditions on behalf of anyone else.
Our Recommendations for Floating:
Flotation is a remarkably simple, organic activity. Here are a few pointers to make sure you get the most out of your experience.
- To fully appreciate the experience, it is recommended that you float nude. Of course, you are very welcome to wear a swimming costume if you prefer, just remember to bring a bag to take it home with you.
- We provide everything you will need: towels, body wash, shampoos & conditioners. We also have hairdryers and hair straighteners in our Pamper Room for you to use. You may just wish to bring along any personal toiletries e.g. moisturiser, make-up and deodorant.
- We suggest avoiding caffeine or other potent stimulants before your float.
- Try to make sure you are going to be comfortable for the next hour – do not eat too much before your float but don't be too hungry either, also don't drink excessive amounts of water.
- Keep in mind that salt can sting sensitive skin, so it is not advisable to shave immediately beforehand. We do provide a barrier cream to cover any smaller cuts or grazes. It is also not advised to float if you currently have haemorrhoids.
- If you are menstruating, you will need to use appropriate sanitary protection as you would in a swimming pool.
- If you suffer from severe motion sickness in other circumstances (e.g. in a boat, car etc), there is a chance you could suffer from it in the pod. If you usually use medication to control your motion sickness in these circumstances, you may wish to consider doing so before your float.
- If you are diabetic, please be aware that floating reduces the cortisol level in the body, which in turn lowers blood sugar levels.
- Floating reduces your blood pressure, so if you already have low blood pressure please take extra care when exiting the pod. Sit up, then pause to assess yourself before standing.
- Our Floatation Pods have a non-slip base, yet the quantity of Epsom Salts can make it slippery. Also, the Pod room floors can be slippery when wet, please move with slow, sure movements while in the Pods and Pod rooms.
- Please note that you cannot float if you have recently dyed your hair. We ask that you leave 2 weeks before floating (and 30 days for shades of red) and that the water runs clear when you wash your hair at home. There is no way around this unfortunately, wearing a swimming cap will not help.
Everyone’s experience of floating can be different. It can take a little time to get used to it and really feel the benefits. We ask that you have no expectations. We will do our best to ensure that you enjoy your experience with us here at Float Norwich.
Terms & Conditions
Conditions of booking
All sessions must be prepaid at the point of booking and all clients agree to our 24hr notice policy when cancelling and/or rescheduling. If you are booked into a session but miss it or cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, you will be charged for it.
Sessions are subject to availability, but we will always do our best to accommodate you in your chosen timeslot.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your booking time. If you arrive late for your Float appointment, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to have a full session. If you are extremely late, you may not be able to float at all.
Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase, unless stated otherwise.
We will offer a refund within 28 days of purchase, after this date, vouchers are non-refundable.
The minimum age for Floatation is 16 years, however parental consent and attendance will be required for minors aged 13 – 16 years.
The minimum age for Cryotherapy is 16 years however parental attendance will be required for those under the age of 18.
Monthly Club Memberships
I authorise Float Holdings Ltd. to deduct my monthly fees from my debit/credit card. The monthly deductions will begin on the date of sign up and continue being charged on the same date of every month thereafter. I understand charges will continue month-to-month until I choose to cancel or freeze my membership, after a minimum 6-month commitment, using the procedures defined below.
I understand the cancellation procedure is to submit a notification of cancellation in writing 15 days prior to my final billing cycle and that any account changes need to be requested by the card holder on the account with a signature provided as authorisation.
All our memberships are fully transferable and may be shared amongst friends.
- The massage chairs are not suitable for use during pregnancy.
- There is a maximum weight limit of 18 stones (114 kg)
Our massage chairs, while mostly suitable for all, do have their limitations.
To avoid discomfort or unnecessary embarrassment we ask that if the chair is not suitable for your build or weight you inform the Float Assistant who can then take you directly to your pod.
Should you fail to adhere to these limitations you will be liable for the costs of any repairs or replacements required.
You must be physically able to access and exit the pod alone.
You must not enter the floatation pods:
- under the influence of drugs, alcohol or any illegal substances.
- With any oils or creams on your body.
- If you have recently dyed your hair, see our recommendations above.
- If you have any communicable or infectious diseases or illness, skin disorder, large cuts, open sores, wounds or unhealed tattoos.
- In the first 13 weeks of pregnancy or 8 weeks after giving birth (please ensure you have had your post-birth check with the midwife).
- Within 8 weeks of any surgery.
It is inadvisable to enter the floatation pods:
- If you suffer from serious heart disease, epilepsy or chronic kidney disease (please seek medical advice regarding the safety of using the floatation tanks)
- If you have an ear infection or have a history of ear infections, you are advised to speak to your doctor before floating and to always use the ear plugs that we provide.
Contamination of the pod:
You will be held financially responsible if you do not adhere to the requested guidelines and cause contamination to the pods. These include, but are not limited to:
- Staining to the pods surface or water.
- Failure to wear appropriate sanitary products.
You must not use whole body cryotherapy:
- If you are pregnant or suspect you may be pregnant.
- In eight weeks after giving birth (please ensure you have had your post-birth check with the midwife).
- Within eight weeks of any surgery.
- With any cream, oils or moisturisers on your body.
- Whilst wearing any jewellery from the neck down, with the exception of rings.
- If you have any communicable or infectious diseases or illness, skin disorder, large cuts, open sores or wounds.
- Under the influence of drugs, alcohol or any illegal substances.
- If you are incontinent or menstruating and not using the appropriate sanitary protection.
- If you have metal pins or plates.
- If you have ANY of these conditions: Cold intolerance; cryoglobulinaemia; cryofibrinogenemia; cold urticaria; gangrenous lesions; thromboembolic changes and inflammation in venous system; agammaglobulinemia; hypothyroidism; local blood flow disturbances, narrowing of valves; crescent-shaped aorta and mitral valve; chronic disease of the respiratory system of various origin; severe hypertension (blood pressure > 180/100); acute or recent myocardial infarction (heart attack; need to be cleared for exercise); arrhythmia; symptomatic cardiovascular disease; wear a pacemaker; acute or recent cerebrovascular accident (stroke; must be cleared for exercise), uncontrolled seizures or cancer
IMPORTANT LIABILITY STATEMENT
The information available on or through this site and the Services supplied via or in connection with this site or at Float Norwich do not constitute medical advice and it is your responsibility to determine, through obtaining appropriate medical advice, that you are fit and well and that sessions are suitable for you. It is not our responsibility to do so. Before commencing any session, you should consult your doctor.
It is also vital that you supply us with correct information about yourself. We cannot be liable for any incorrect information supplied by you to us. We try to make sure that all information contained on this site (and provided by us to you as part of any Service) is correct, but, subject to the paragraph below, we do not accept any liability for any error or omission and exclude all liability for any action you (your legal representatives, heirs) may take or loss or injury you may suffer (direct or indirect including loss of pay, profit, opportunity or time, pain and suffering, any indirect, consequential or special loss, however arising) as a result of relying on any information on this site or provided through any Service supplied by us to you.
You, your legal representatives and your heirs release, waive, discharge and covenant, not to sue Float Holdings Ltd. for any injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts.
Float Norwich warrants that the Services will be supplied with reasonable skill and care.